Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Dangers of Carpeting

Just a quick thought I had while I was beading yesterday.

I was sitting in my recliner, tray in my lap with a book and beads on it.  The beads we in the little plastic box containers they came in so I could easily use the needle to scoop out the beads as necessary.  I was just starting to pack everything up when I accidentally flicked the box of beads into my lap!  Several bad words later, I am trying to use my shirt as a funnel to get the beads back into the container.  Then I stood up.... plink, plink, plink.  Beads start raining on the floor!  Cursing some more, I get on my hands and knees with a led flashlight to start hunting beads.  But little did I know, Berber carpeting eats beads!  I used my hands to swipe the floor trying to feel for any loose beads and I ended up smooshing them into the carpet even more.  More hunting and finding and I finally finish locating all the beads, I hope.

Long story short, Berber carpeting is the demon carpeting for beaders.  At this point I am considering only beading in my bathroom where the linoleum will allow the beads to roll, but at least I will be able to see them!

As a side note, I am currently working on an odd count, spiral patterned peyote tube to be fashioned into a necklace to go with a beaded flower I made a week ago.  Once I have it completed I will, of course, put up a new post with pictures.

Until next time.... happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment