Sunday, October 24, 2010

Newest Crochet Triumph

Image of Best Bunny
  Lion Brands "Best Bunny"

I am not so new to crochet but until recently I hadn't heard of amigurumi.  I get emails from Lion Brand all the time showcasing new patterns and materials, some of which are cute little crochet dolls and animals.  So as I was going through my emails this past week I stumbled upon a pattern for an ultra cute bunny amigurumi.  Once I decided to make the bunny, it was a non-stop race to the finish.

I worked hard and stayed up late to get the bunny finished in just a few hours.  I did not however make the bunny per the instructions.  I wanted my bunny to have a longer torso, longer skinnier arms, no legs and different ears.  At first the changes in the pattern were accidental; I was watching a Pay-Per-View and crocheting at the same time, which is never good for following a pattern.  I made my "Weebler Bunny" by adding four rows to the midsection before decreasing and totally rewrote the pattern for the arms and ears.

My "Weebler Bunny"
Creating my first amigurumi was relatively easy.  I really enjoyed the process, it was pretty simple once you see the pattern in them.  I will be designing my own from ground zero next time.  I think I am going to try to make a Murloc from the Warcraft series and also try to make a Pocoyo doll.

1 comment:

  1. These little animals are so durable my 6 month year old has slobbered, chewed, spit up and of course play with the little panada one. I have washed and dry it. So durable not a string out of place and stays in shape. Thank you so much Sara!

    ReplyDelete