Monday, November 8, 2010

My first solo pattern (actually written down)

I was commissioned by my MIL to make a hat and mitten set for a newborn boy coming in February.  I was searching for cute little hats and mittens for boys but all the ones I found were either too girly or very blah and ugly.  So I decided to write my own patterns for these.  First I did the hat.  I used single crochets in rounds to do the crown of the hat, then added a seed stitch for pattern around the sides.  The mittens I also used single crochets in rounds to make the ends of the gloves and decreased so they would form hollow balls, more or less. Then I added a row of double crochets at the end to make a cuff and weaved in a blue satin ribbon for a tie to keep them on little baby hands.  Very fun and fulfilling, writing your own patterns.  Hopefully I will be continuing to do so in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment