Saturday, March 19, 2011

An uphill battle...

I find my new self-imposed job is hard on me at times.  My hands are sore, my fingers ache, and I have been letting other things that I need to do slide so I can complete orders.  Something has to give, but what?!

My husband thinks I should concentrate on writing patterns and keep the custom order shop closed or leave it open on an extremely limited basis.  I am wondering what is going to be best for me and my little business; I have no idea what the answer is.  Ideally, LBDFxbg would be a pattern shop with some custom orders.  But in order to build the business, custom orders are a natural stepping stone to a budding pattern shop.

How do I balance the custom orders with writing and being a mom/wife/babysitter full time as well? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. If pattern writing is your passion then I say go for it! Maybe you can take custom orders just a couple weeks of the year. Maybe open up shop for a month at a time and take 2-4 months (or more) off to do what you love? Either way, I'm excited to see what you end up doing! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete