Thursday, September 20, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Although it is a day late, I thought I would let you see my latest WIP (work in progress).

I have been making hats for my family for the coming winter lately, well since I got my new knitting needles from Knitpicks anyway, and I found a few awesome patterns on Ravelry and I have been on a knitting kick... big time!

First I made this little beauty for me:
The pattern can be found here.  It was a quick work and while easy to knit had some challenges.  I've never done wrapped stitches and this was a good test for me.  This was also the first time I tried to use the Magic Loop method for knitting in the round.  I love it!  I cannot stress how much easier it was to knit this hat using the magic loop method rather than using DPNs.

Second is this, which is currently on the needles and is our WIP Wednesday highlight.
Originally, I wanted to do this hat in a lovely gray yarn but it is a chunky/bulky weight yarn and the pattern calls for worsted weight.  I am not good enough in knitting yet to modify a pattern to work with a different yarn size so I changed to Vanna's Choice in Chocolate. Mr Little Bird picked this pattern for himself out of a few I showed him on Ravelry. I like this pattern a lot.  It is very easy to read and understand, plus works up quickly.  Again I chose to Magic Loop this hat as opposed to doing the DPNs; which will likely be the method of all my future "in the round" knitting will be done in.

What are you working on?  Do you have the fall crafting bug yet?  Mine always comes early but when it hits, it hits with a vengeance and nothing else can be done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment