Thursday, October 6, 2011

Business as usual...

Hello everyone!  Hope this little message finds you happy, healthy, and in good spirits!

I have had a few orders recently and been working to get them done, but in that time I have also been knitting!  I am suddenly quite taken with it.  I guess it is because back in the spring I taught myself how to knit Continental style and since then things have just seemed to click!  Knitting is so much easier and faster when you have good tension and less movement!  I started knitting my soon to be baby daughter a checkerboard blanket in pink and purple, and also made my first hat.  Its a little big for a newborn but will probably fit her perfectly next fall :).  I started another hat and this one seems like it will fit a newborns noggin much better.  Once I have the blanket and second hat finished I will post pictures of them.

I found an awesome recipe today.  Fall is sorta synonymous with apples and pumpkins in this house and the author of "Smashed Peas and Carrots" Blog was kind enough to share a recipe for apple strudel today!  I love apple anything and this looks so yummy!  Take a look here.

If you have any super yummy pumpkin or apple recipes, please share in the comments below.  I am always looking for a good treat for fall!

Sara

1 comment:

  1. Staying with the German theme, here you go! This is one of my absolute favorites and the kids still love it, too!

    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/german-apple-pancake/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete